Click here for more information or to subscribe to GALAXIE.
[GALAXIE:2440] 1964 Cruise-O-Matic Transmission Rebuild

[GALAXIE:2440] 1964 Cruise-O-Matic Transmission Rebuild

Ford Galaxie Club of America galaxieclub at
Wed May 13 09:57:26 ADT 1998

If this is a C-6 you can tackle it with a good instruction manual and tools
at home. If it is an FMX it has some VERY tricky procedures to rebuild it.
I would only take it to a person that has learned about them.

At 06:40 AM 5/13/98 , you wrote:
>        My 1964 galaxie 390ci 4v has a severe Transmission Leak
>     after setting for 3 years and I am in need of a good source
>     for parts to re-seal or rebuild the Cruise-O-Matic
>     transmission.
>        Also is this a task for a professional or could an
>     average mechanical inclined person tackle this at home?
>     Any suggestions on this project would be greatly appreciated!
>                                        Thanks,
>                                                Barry Alexander
>All the list info you'll ever want:
Thank You
Mark Reynolds/President-Editor-Publisher

        FORD for Thought!

Visit Our Club Homepage @:
or sure to join the Club at:

All the list info you'll ever want: